Re: [StrongED] quick way to kill task window

<gemini.kvzwxn002nukx01vo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.invalid>
          Jeremy Nicoll - stronged  wrote:

> rickman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>> Very often I need to open a task window and issue a command to
>> discover some system information that I need for an email or to put
>> into a document.

> If you define a command alias (which once you've got it doing what you like
> should be done in your boot sequence so it's always available to you) which
> issues a command and routes the output to a file, then calls SE to display
> the file, you might get on better...
> Normally you'd want something like
>  *set alias$trap %%*0 { > RAM::0.$.trap }
> to run a command and create a new file (or overwrite an existing one) and
> put the command results into the file
[snip]

> You might want to define several of them eg trap1 trap2 trap3 (and remember
> to change the filenames in the alias definition) so that you can keep
> several sets of output separate.
Jeremy
Thanks for the response. It is ingenious and it will help in some
cases. The problem is, as you hinted at in your last paragraph, I
might need to define more than one.

*modules was just an example - it could be almost any star command.
What I do a lot is to use star commands to scrape info from the system
and to transfer the info to my own RISC OS cook book.

Usually I don't know in advance if I will need to keep the
information. So I would like to have a more convenient way of getting
the it out of the Task window. A key short cut for Kill would be good.

John

--
Midland User Group - http://mug.riscos.org
"if you are travelling the road of the majority, one thing you can be